5 Carpet Care and Maintenance Tips
Carpets are both luxurious and cozy. They can instantly elevate the overall appearance of your room. However, they go through a lot of wear and tear throughout the day. Therefore, to maintain their beauty and extend their life, an adequate cleaning and maintenance program is just as important as specifying the color and pattern of the carpet. Are you wondering how to do that? Fret not!
Below, we have listed the top five carpet care and maintenance tips!
1. Vacuum regularly: One of the essential things you must do to keep your carpet looking like new is regular vacuuming. It will eliminate the dirt, debris, and pet dander that are embedded in the fibers.
Now, the question is – how often should you vacuum the carpet? Well, it depends on how much foot traffic it receives. For instance, you should vacuum twice a week or daily for high-traffic areas and once a week for low-traffic areas.
2. Clean spills immediately: Spills are bound to happen, especially when you live with kids or pets. However, they often result in set-in stains, which can be difficult to get rid of. Therefore, ensure that you have all the carpet-cleaning essentials to immediately clean up the spills. Taking prompt action will help prevent carpet stains. No one will ever know they happened.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Remember to blot and not rub the stain.
- If the spill has any solid material, remove it as much as possible using a dull knife and spoon.
- Use only a certified spot-remover. We suggest using the one sold by Apogee Carpet Cleaning of Fredericksburg as it is hypo-allergic, non-toxic, and mineral-based. Moreover, it is pet-friendly and highly effective on stains. But first, ensure to conduct a patch test on a small area to ensure it does not change the carpet color.
3. Hire professionals for a deep cleaning session every year: Make sure you call a professional carpet cleaning company near me every 12-18 months. However, you might be tempted to save on the professional cleaning costs but do not skip it. It is one of the most important things to keep your carpet looking like new. They will use effective techniques like hot water extraction or steam cleaning to remove the dirt and sanitize the carpet.
4. Remove furniture dents using a coin: Heavy furniture can lead to dents in your carpet due to their placement. Therefore, you should regularly move all the heavy furniture to prevent permanent crushing. Stroke the area with the edge of a coin. You can also use an ice cube to loosen the carpet piles and bring life to the fibers.
5. Do not pull snags: Over time, you may find snags and sprouts on your carpet, and you might be tempted to pull them up. However, you should avoid doing so as it can damage the carpet. Instead, clip all the snags and sprouts using a scissor. It will improve the carpet’s appearance without damaging it.
About Apogee Carpet Cleaning of Fredericksburg
Regularly following the above-mentioned carpet care and maintenance tips will ensure optimum carpet care and maintenance. At Apogee Carpet Cleaning of Fredericksburg, we offer low moisture carpet cleaning and various other services, including tile and grout cleaning, laminate floor cleaning, and odor and pet stain removal services. Our clients choose us because we are not just another regular carpet cleaning company; we have invested in our materials and methods to offer our clients the deepest cleaning processes possible. Our commercial and residential clients trust us for our environmentally friendly cleaning at the forefront of every task our team completes. For more information, call 540-701-7449 or book an online call.
–>Next: 4 Factors to Consider Before Hiring a Carpet Cleaning Service
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.