If you have pets, you know that they can be a handful. They shed, they make messes, and they sometimes have accidents. And while accidents are inevitable, there’s no need to let them ruin your carpets. With the help of a professional carpet cleaning service, you can get your carpets looking and smelling like new again.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a carpet cleaning service that specializes in pet stains and odors:
Experience. Make sure the company you choose has experience cleaning up pet stains and odors. They should have the knowledge and equipment necessary to remove even the toughest messes.
Certification. Look for a company that is certified by a reputable organization, such as the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). This certification ensures that the company meets high standards of training and performance.
Guarantee. Make sure the company you choose offers a guarantee on their work. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you’re not at risk if they’re not able to remove the stain or odor.
Price. Get quotes from several different companies before deciding.d Be sure to compare the price of the cleaning service itself, as well as any additional fees, such as travel charges or extra cleaning supplies.
Once you’ve found a few companies that meet your criteria, it’s time to schedule a consultation. This is your chance to ask the company questions about their services and get a feel for their professionalism.
Here are a few questions you may want to ask:
- What is your process for cleaning pet stains and odors?
- What type of equipment do you use?
- How long will it take to clean my carpets?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- What are your prices?
After the consultation, you should have a good idea of which company is the best fit for you. Choose the company that you feel most comfortable with and that you trust to do a good job.
Here are a few additional tips for choosing a carpet cleaning service:
- Get recommendations from friends, family, or neighbors.
- Read online reviews.
- Check with your local Better Business Bureau.
By following these tips, you can be sure to find a carpet cleaning service that will get your carpets looking and smelling their best.
If you want to personally remove the pet stains and odors:
- Act quickly. The sooner you clean up a pet stain, the easier it will be to remove it.
- Blot, don’t rub. Rubbing can spread the stain and make it more difficult to remove.
- Use a pet-specific cleaner. Commercial cleaners are more effective than household cleaners at removing pet stains and odors.
- Test the cleaner in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn’t damage your carpet.
- Let the cleaner sit for the recommended amount of time before blotting it up.
- Vacuum the area thoroughly to remove any remaining cleaner or debris.
- If the stain or odor persists, call a professional carpet cleaning service