High-traffic areas in your home, such as hallways and entryways, can quickly become dirty and stained due to the constant foot traffic. High-traffic areas can be messy whether you live with a couple of roommates or your family. This is why regular cleaning and maintenance are essential to keep these areas looking their best. With a few years of experience, we thought it was time to put pen to paper and showcase some of the best carpet cleaning methods in high-traffic areas. Here are our top ten tips and tricks!
- Vacuum high-traffic areas daily. This will help remove dirt, dust, and other debris that can quickly accumulate in these areas. It might seem like an impossible task, but it will help lower the weekly cleaning in these high-traffic areas.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush or beater bar attachment. These attachments can help agitate the carpet’s fibers, loosening dirt and debris. Plus, it will help elongate the carpet’s lifespan as these rotating brushes or bars are designed to be easy on your carpet.
- Spot clean spills and stains as soon as they happen. The longer a stain is allowed to sit, the harder it will be to remove. Plus, remember to blot and not swipe, rub, or swirl.
- Use a carpet cleaner specifically formulated for high-traffic areas. These cleaners are designed to remove tough stains and dirt that have sat and rubbed into carpet fibers.
- Use a carpet spot cleaner to treat specific stains. These cleaners are formulated to remove stains, such as wine, chocolate, and mud. Whether you have a four-legged friend running through the house or a toddler who does not love wearing shoes, a spot cleaner can be your savior.
- Use a carpet cleaning machine that has a high-pressure spray and suction. This will help remove dirt, debris, and stains deep down in the carpet.
- Use a carpet protectant spray on high-traffic areas. This will help repel dirt and stains, making cleaning easier.
- Use a carpet freshener or odor neutralizer to remove any unpleasant smells caused by foot traffic. These fresheners can help eliminate pet odors and keep mud, dirt, and grime smells to the outside.
- Consider using area rugs or runners in high-traffic areas to help protect the carpet and make it easier to clean. A company like Ruggable makes a runner that can go in the wash to make cleaning super easy!
- Hire a professional carpet cleaner to deep clean high-traffic areas at least once a year. This will help remove dirt, stains, and allergens that regular cleaning may not remove.
Whether you are looking to manage or clean high-traffic areas, these tips will help you keep your home fresh and clean no matter what is going in or out. We know these areas are essential, and with these tips, our team will help you keep your home spic and span. Plus, if you are looking for an excellent carpet cleaning service, our team can help!