Pets are part of our families, but they do leave a lot of hair behind. Pet hair can be difficult to remove from carpets and upholstery, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be done effectively. In this blog post, we’ll discuss our recommendations on how to remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery.
- The most obvious solution to removing pet hair is to vacuum. Use a vacuum with a high suction power and a rotating brush to effectively pick up pet hair from carpets and upholstery. For upholstery, use the upholstery attachment to reach into tight spaces and corners. Vacuuming should be done regularly to keep pet hair under control.
- Simply roll the lint roller’s sticky tape over the surface to pick up pet hair. Lint rollers can also be used on carpets, but they may not be as effective as vacuuming.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and rub your hands over the surface of the upholstery. The rubber will create a static charge that attracts the hair, making it easier to remove. This method can also be used on carpets.
Fabric softener sheets
- Rub the sheet over the surface to pick up the hair. This method can also be used on carpets, but it may not be as effective as vacuuming.
- Carpet rakes are designed to remove pet hair from carpets. They have long, flexible bristles that can get deep into the carpet fibers to remove the hair. Use the rake in a back-and-forth motion to lift the hair out of the carpet. This method may take more time and effort than vacuuming, but it can be effective for removing stubborn pet hair.
Wet rubber sponge
- Dampen the sponge with water and rub it over the surface to pick up the hair. Rinse the sponge frequently and repeat until all the hair is removed. This method is particularly effective for removing hair from tight spaces and corners.
- Air purifiers can be used to remove pet hair and dander from the air, reducing the amount that settles on carpets and upholstery. Choose an air purifier with a HEPA filter, which can capture small particles like pet hair and dander.
While it’s important to know how to remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery, prevention is key. Here are some tips to prevent pet hair from accumulating:
- Brush your pets regularly to remove loose hair before it falls on the carpet or furniture.
- Use a lint roller or rubber glove to remove pet hair from clothing before sitting on the furniture.
- Cover furniture with washable slipcovers or blankets to protect it from pet hair.
- Use a pet hair-specific vacuum attachment regularly to prevent hair from accumulating on carpets and upholstery.
Pet hair can be a nuisance but can be removed from carpets and upholstery with the right tools. Regular cleaning and prevention methods can also help keep pet hair under control. By following these tips, you can keep your carpets and upholstery free of pet hair.